Re: Error when attempt to insert a picture in AbiWord for BeOS

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:34:50 -0700

At 07:57 AM 6/14/99 -0400, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> I don't think that there is a --debug option, but I'm
>sure that the AbiFolk will let me know if there is ...
>perhaps it is a good idea, turn all of the UT_DEBUGMSG,s
>on if --debug is called. Probably a big runtime performance
>hit though.

Our release binaries are production builds which compile out all of the
following:

- debug symbols
- UT_ASSERTs
- UT_DEBUGMSGs
- etc.

There may also be platform-specific optimizations going on as well. As
usual, the net effect of all this is to speed up and shrink the size of
release builds.

If you'd rather have debugging information, you can always compile the
sources with ABI_OPT_DEBUG=1 as either a make argument or a command-line
variable. See abi/src/config/abi_defs.mk for more details.

Paul