Re: Error when attempt to insert a picture in AbiWord for BeOS

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:57:36 -0400

Matthias,

Unfortunately I don't think that the support is there yet
for import of other image formats other than PNG. Not so
much because of the lack of BeOS support (AbiWord uses
translators so if you have a JPEG translator installed
then it should just work), but because the package as a whole
in the cross application part, doesn't handle it properly.
I could probably code around this, but other things are
up on the priority list (like printing). Feel free to
dig into the sources on your own however, since it
certainly shouldn't just hang when you try to import
an invalid image format!

I don't think that there is a --debug option, but I'm
sure that the AbiFolk will let me know if there is ...
perhaps it is a good idea, turn all of the UT_DEBUGMSG,s
on if --debug is called. Probably a big runtime performance
hit though.

Thomas

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Matthias Schonder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded AbiWord 0.7.1 for BeOS x86. I was playing around a lil'
> bit. When I tried to insert a picture I got an error message:
>
> Error importing file boot/home/blahblah.jpg
>
> after a second attempt abi hangs. I have to kill abi.
>
> I tried to figure out why this happens and started abiword with --debug
> option, but unfortunately there was no msg in the terminal window :(
>
> Maybe this error occurs only on my machine, maybe not.

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf