Word97 import on NT (was Re: Some questions and tidbits)

Alan Young (ayoung@teleport.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:38:20 -0700

Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 11:37 PM 6/8/99 -0700, Alan Young wrote:
> >Is Word97 support working? I get lots of complier warnings when
> libmswordview
> >is built. When I attempt to open the test file, I get the "unable to import"
> >dialog box.
>
> Yep, I get a lot of warnings there too. I believe Shaw's current plan is to
> replace that functionality with a cleaner implementation, rather than trying
> to fix them in place.
>
> As for whether it's working, I just tried that document on NT and got the
> same message, so something must have broken recently.

Hi Paul,

Just noticed something real fishy. Can you build a DEBUG version
and try opening a Word97 file on NT? I just did one here and it opened
a Word97 document. It still does not open the document in the test
directory.

Alan