Re: Word97 import on NT (was Re: Some questions and tidbits)

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:05:27 -0700

At 11:38 PM 6/15/99 -0700, Alan Young wrote:
>Paul Rohr wrote:
>>
>> At 11:37 PM 6/8/99 -0700, Alan Young wrote:
>> >Is Word97 support working? I get lots of complier warnings when
>> libmswordview
>> >is built. When I attempt to open the test file, I get the "unable to
import"
>> >dialog box.
>>
>> Yep, I get a lot of warnings there too. I believe Shaw's current plan
is to
>> replace that functionality with a cleaner implementation, rather than
trying
>> to fix them in place.
>>
>> As for whether it's working, I just tried that document on NT and got the
>> same message, so something must have broken recently.
>
>Hi Paul,
>
>Just noticed something real fishy. Can you build a DEBUG version
>and try opening a Word97 file on NT? I just did one here and it opened
>a Word97 document. It still does not open the document in the test
>directory.

I do remember being able to open that test document with debug builds on NT
sometime in the past, but it's definitely broken now. Good thing that both
Justin and Shaw will have time to look at that code soon. :-)

Paul