Re: AbiSource binaries for FreeBSD

Ming-I Hsieh (mihs@wm28.csie.ncu.edu.tw)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:46:02 +0800

Paul Rohr wrote:

> Essentially, three things:
>
> 1. A designated maintainer who'd be willing to commit to resolving
> FreeBSD-specific issues, if any. The core team is pretty swamped right now,
> so this needs to be someone new.
>
> 2. Information on the de facto standards for user-friendly packages,
> installs, and uninstalls on FreeBSD systems -- preferably in the form of
> patches. (Effectively enough to make sure that the FreeBSD version is as
> easily installed as the other platforms. This is likely to eventually
> include porting our graphical setup program to GTK, although that's unlikely
> to have any FreeBSD-specific ramifications.)
>
> 3. A preconfigured machine to add to our build farm. :-)
>
> AFAIK, the existing sources and makefiles build and run without any trouble,
> so the main obstacle is #3.
>
> Paul

Now I am trying to help AbiSource to develop their AbiWord running under
FreeBSD!
Here are a package for FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE or later.

http://wm28.csie.ncu.edu.tw/AbiWord-19990620-dev.tgz

Sorry for no port, there are some non-vanilla code in the package! (like
UT_Getopt! :)
And I think I can provide a package for FreeBSD when AbiSource release their
new AbiWord. But I can't provide a port for FreeBSD, beause AbiWord is still
developed!
Like FreeBSD-CURRENT, there are only some snapshot, no release! :)

--
Ming-I Hsieh