Re: *.abw files across platforms ..

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:34:56 -0400

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Robert G. Werner wrote:

> Sorry if this a silly question.
> Have we established that an *.abw file created on BeOS, say, is easily
> viewable on Linux or that one created under Win32 can be used on the MacOS?
> Of course the OS has to be able to read the media that the file resides on but
> once that is accoplished are there any problems with cariage return's, etc.?

There shouldn't be ... the biggest obstacle will be
mapping fonts across since font names tend to
differ on BeOS from other platforms (don't ask
why .. I don't know it is just that way).

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf