commit -- Re: [patch] bug #6

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:24:58 -0500

"Richard Jefts" wrote:
> This changes the ctrl-right arrow behavior slightly, but fixes the bug so
> punctuation is not selected on a double click. ctrl-right arrow stops on
> punctuation.

I've commited this patch; thanks for the fix!

It seems to work very well, a nice improvement over the old navigation.
The two cases where I'm not sure it's right (and it may very well be,
I don't have a copy of Microsoft Word around to see how it does it)
is the case where you have:

stuff).

or:

stuff."

The cursor stops before the end paren in the first example, but
not at the period. The cursor stops at the period in the second
example, but not the end quote.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me, though.

--
Shaw Terwilliger