Re: IRIX and abi0.7

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:39:09 -0500

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:13:45AM -0700, Michael A. Thompson wrote:
> Here are the errors:
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp: In method `void
> ps_Generate::doProtectFromPipe()':
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp:237: passing `void (*)(int)' as argument 2 of
> `signal(int, void (*)())'
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp: In method `void
> ps_Generate::undoProtectFromPipe()':
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp:242: passing `void (*)(int)' as argument 2 of
> `signal(int, void (*)())'
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp: In function `static void
> ps_Generate::pipeSignalHandler(int)':
> xap_UnixPSGenerate.cpp:252: passing `void (*)(int)' as argument 2 of
> `signal(int, void (*)())'

IRIX signals return! I admit I haven't applied the patches sent to me
to fix the signal() problem on IRIX. It seems that IRIX differs from
BSD, Linux, Solaris in the way it sets up the callback to catch
signals. I do have a patch and will apply it before noon (Central
time zone, US). You can check out the tree from CVS, if you want, and
give it another spin.

--
Shaw Terwilliger