State of AbiWord documentation

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:44:40 -0500

>Something I am curious about. Is there documentation being written yet for
>AbiWord. Of course, it shouldn't be overly difficult to write it after the
fact,
>but, it is something to think about. I think documentation is a problem with
>open-source projects. Not volumn per se, but quality/ease of use is very
>variable with lots of gaps. This project is very well organized it seems,
so I
>doubt it will be a problem when v1.0 is ready... or will it? Just planting a
>meme.

Yes, currently Larry Kollar <kollar@stc.net>, Havoc Pennington
<rhp@zirx.pair.com>, and Nathan.Taylor@gknwaea.co.uk have expressed an
interest for the online version of AbiWord help. I am not sure how far
anyone has gotten.

Creation of the hard cover version of the manual is something that
AbiSource will be solely responsible for.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist