ABIword 0.5. fonts problems

Serge Winitzki (S.Winitzki@damtp.cam.ac.uk)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 01:07:05 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to install new fonts for use with abiword.
I am using linux libc 5 gtk 1.1.15 kernel 2.0.34

I'm trying to install fonts by adding new .pfa/.afm files to the directory with
the fonts from the "abi-fonts" pack. I am getting error messages in debug
mode, such as

DEBUG: AP_UnixFontManager::_allocateThisFont() - missing XLFD file name at second position in line.

And I assume it's because I'm not writing the right things in fonts.dir
but I don't know what is right for AbiWord.

any help will be appreciated.
Regards,
Serge