Can't build AbiWord 0.50

Micah Yoder (LYoder@cyberis.net)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:25:29 -0800

Hi,

I'm just checking things out and might actually contribute code
eventually. I'd especially be interested in the eventual personal
database app.

Problem: The thing won't build!

[micah@eclipse src]$ rpm -qa | grep gtk
gtk+-1.0.1-2
gtk+-1.2.0-1
gtk+-devel-1.2.0-1

Do I need anything else?

Start of the make process... Looks good so far.

[micah@eclipse src]$ make
Building with [JavaScript:Off Debug:On].
make -C require build
make[1]: Entering directory `/space/work/abi-0.5.0/src/require'
Building with [JavaScript:Off Debug:On].
make -C unix build
make[2]: Entering directory `/space/work/abi-0.5.0/src/require/unix'
Building with [JavaScript:Off Debug:On].
TODO do we need to test for GCC or EGCS and a version number?
TODO verify version is greater than 1.1.??
TODO verify version is greater than 1.1.??
Found zlib in system directories
Found libpng in system directories
Found AbiWord fonts
Build requirements satisfied.

More problems later.... and this is just a small snippet - there are
several screenfulls of it:

xmltok.c: In function `findEncoding':
xmltok.c:808: warning: unused variable `n'
xmltok.c: In function `unknown_isName':
xmltok.c:984: `namingBitmap' undeclared (first use this function)
xmltok.c:984: `namePages' undeclared (first use this function)
xmltok.c:985: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
xmltok.c: In function `unknown_isNmstrt':
xmltok.c:994: `namingBitmap' undeclared (first use this function)
xmltok.c:994: `nmstrtPages' undeclared (first use this function)
xmltok.c:995: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
xmltok.c: In function `XmlInitUnknownEncoding':
xmltok.c:1110: `namingBitmap' undeclared (first use this function)

I didn't change a thing in the tarball. I'm not great at solving
problems like this with programs I didn't write, so if anyone knows
what's wrong, please let me know! I'll check the archives, but a direct
E-mail might be better as to not clutter the list.

Thanks,
Micah