commit -- efficiency improvements in DocListener

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:07:00 -0600

added BlockOffset to most of the ChangeRecords
and improved the way we calculate the BlockOffset
in the PieceTable. eliminated expensive position
calculations in the DocListener portion of the
formatter.

[in more humble terms, i eliminated most of the
places where we were doing a linear search on the
fragment list -- especially the ones where we were
doing redundant searches... :-]

please keep an eye out for any weird editing
behavior that wasn't seen in the past, since these
changes are in the very core of editing engine.

a full build is required.

jeff