Re: Update for snapshot on Web Page?

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 14:40:42 -0800

At 04:08 PM 3/14/99 -0500, Brian E.W. Wood wrote:
>AbiWord has come lightyears since the start. Unfortunately the snapshot on
the
>web site's homepage does not reflect the vastly improved look. Assuming the
>goal is to grab people at the gitgo shouldn't that image be updated?

Yeah, that shot's pretty dated, isn't it?

We haven't changed it yet because we need a small, bandwidth-friendly
graphic to fit onto that page, and we've put so many features into the
product that they won't all fit into such a tiny shot. Dontcha' just *hate*
it when that happens? :-)

Any suggestions about how to make a good, small, clean shot to replace it
would be welcome. In the mean time, we've linked it directly to a more
comprehensive screen shots page where we can put heftier shots.

As always, folks should feel free to send patches. We want to make sure
things look good, but we certainly don't suffer from the NIH syndrome.

>I just got a color postscript printer and was playing with it and AbiWord.
>Although this is really a GTK+ issue (I'm using 1.2.0) I noticed that
>selecting a font color in the color circle (or oval) does not work until I
move
>one of the color sliders off of the zero position, it then works just great.

Check CVS. I'm pretty sure Shaw put in some more smarts to deal with this.

>Are you folks going to be at the Linux Expo in Raleigh this May? I couldn't
>justify going out to the left coast but I do plan to go to NC.

Last I heard, we're trying to get a booth. I think they'll be able to
squeeze us in, but I'm not a marketing guy who can make official
pronouncements. :-)

>Keep up the good work, things are really looking great. I'm now sorry I spent
>$99 for Applix for the Alpha.

Thanks.

Paul