PC Week: Microsoft exec dissects Linux's 'weak value proposition'

Walt DuBose - PKAP (wdubose@www.kelly-afb.org)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:35:22 -0600 (CST)

--------------546368345A6B

All,

In the URL below,

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,1014079,00.html

Mr Muth of Microsoft makes several questionable comments/statements.

However, I think he makes one that is in fact true. He said...

"First, a broad base of support for applications -- especially
off-the-shelf, shrink-wrapped applications -- is necessary for a modern
operating system, he said. "

Unless a Linux distribution can offer a full blown office suite with its
distribution, I don't think Linux will ever make it to the government
(federal, state or local) desktop let alone a small business or the home
environment.

Walt

===============================
| Walter "Walt" D. DuBose |