Re: AbiWord 0.5.2

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:17:38 -0500

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> [1] launch and exit AbiWord. this will create a new
> preferences file.
>
> on unix, the prefs file will be in ~/.abiword
> on win32, the prefs file will be in \abiword.txt
>
> (the location and names of the files on win32 will probably
> change -- the concept of a "home" directory on Win95/98/NT
> is, well, just a little.... broken/strange....)

Well if nothing else could we change the Win95/98/NT
preferences to be stored in the same directory as the
executable. I try and keep things as clean and tidy
as I can, though it is a loosing battle so I don't
know why I bother.

How about a single preference file with a new entry
(within the file) for each user on a Win machine.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf