Re: AbiWord 0.5.2

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:36:50 -0600

> Yes, it worked. Here's the stats on the american.hash we use.. what can I
> do so that this works on a general basis? I *could* keep a seperate copy
> of the american.hash around for abiword but that's less then ideal.

When we made the decision to use ispell, we didn't realize how very
finicky those dictionary files are. They're sensitive to a lot of
variables, including endian-ness and int size.

The issue needs revisiting. We'd like the ability to have a single
dictionary file which works on all platforms.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com