Re: AbiWord 0.5.2

Darren Benham (gecko@benham.net)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:42:50 -0800

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 02:42:37PM -0600, Jeff Hostetler wrote:
> >And this might be interesting: it's part of the startup output....
> >
> >DEBUG: Loading SpellCheckWordList [/usr/lib/ispell/american.hash]
> >
> >Hash table options don't agree with buildhash - 0x6/100/10 vs. 0x2/100/10
> >DEBUG: Dumping English strings into String file [/tmp/EnUS.strings].
>
> perhaps you have a different version of ispell than we have.
> we only use the /usr/lib/ispell directory for the .hash files.
> grab a copy of our american.hash* on the download page and
> see if it works (put it in some other direcorty so you don't
> mess up ispell).

Yes, it worked. Here's the stats on the american.hash we use.. what can I
do so that this works on a general basis? I *could* keep a seperate copy
of the american.hash around for abiword but that's less then ideal.

Source: ispell
Version: 3.1.20-0.4
This is the americanmed+ dictionary, as supplied with
the source for ispell.