Re: AbiWord 0.5.2

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:42:37 -0600

At 10:56 AM 3/22/99 -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 12:53:04PM -0600, Jeff Hostetler wrote:
>> yes, it should work.
>>
>> in your .abiword file, there is UnixISpellDirectory="/usr/lib/ispell"
>> and SpellCheckWordList="american.hash". we do a sprintf "%s/%s" on
>> these 2 to construct a pathname to the file containing the dictionary.
>>
>> confirm that that's where the .hash file is. you might try a
>> 'locate american.hash' and see what it finds....
>>
>Yes. It's there.

>This is one entry that's got me confused:
>UnixStringSetDirectory="/usr/local/AbiWord/lib"

sorry for the confusion. having options/profiles/etc
half-working is almost worse than having them at all....

this is where we'll keep the strings for localizing
the dialogs and message boxes. it has nothing to
do with the spell check stuff. currently there are
no other translations, so it's irrelevant for the
moment. (and the /usr/local/AbiWord/lib directory
doesn't exist yet either.)

>And this might be interesting: it's part of the startup output....
>
>DEBUG: Loading SpellCheckWordList [/usr/lib/ispell/american.hash]
>
>Hash table options don't agree with buildhash - 0x6/100/10 vs. 0x2/100/10
>DEBUG: Dumping English strings into String file [/tmp/EnUS.strings].

perhaps you have a different version of ispell than we have.
we only use the /usr/lib/ispell directory for the .hash files.
grab a copy of our american.hash* on the download page and
see if it works (put it in some other direcorty so you don't
mess up ispell).

jeff