Re: MultiLanguage

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:20:34 -0600

AbiWord is being designed with the goal of facilitating the
future implementation of support for any language. However,
its multilingual abilities right now are basically
nonexistent.

Since you asked about Hebrew specifically, I should point out
that this language is not likely to be one of the first ones
to get done, unless a motivated expert from the community
should surface. :-) Proper handling of Hebrew in a word
processor is not at all simple.

I am not aware of any open source office suite which handles
Hebrew.

--

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman