Re: commit -- preferences file and per-user data files

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:56:15 -0600

Drazen Kacar wrote:
> Could you add a global config file? It would be nice if I could put
> all directories with fonts in a global file, so the individual users
> don't have to search for them. There might be other uses as well.

Hopefully we can do something like this during installation, where
the install procedure remembers where it put things like fonts,
and sticks them in the /[prefix]/AbiSource/etc directory, under
a system-wide rc file (those directories are approximate). That
way, the first time a user runs AbiWord, it just inherits the
system settings and saves them out to the ~/.AbiSource if things
get changed. This is more of an installer issue, but needs some
support in the executable.

--
Shaw Terwilliger