commit -- unix keyboard handling

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:50:39 -0600

i added code to query the system for the ModifierMask
for the ALT keys and to use it in the keybinding
mechanism rather than rely on ALT being mapped to MOD1.

btw, GTK is hard coded to use MOD1 as the accelerator
for the underlined letters on the menu bar. this i
cannot change.

shaw and i have updated the menu bar code not underline
(and not trigger menu events) when a keybinding (like
ALT-f in emacs mode) is defined (and when ALT is bound
to MOD1).

jeff

ps. does anyone know if GTK propagates MappingNotify
events. i looked at the code briefly and it looked
like it just ate.... (without this we won't respond
to changes via xmodmap while running....)