Re: 0.5.2 tarball

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 05:15:15 +0100

Eric W. Sink wrote:
> Please bear in mind that there was more than a little humor
> inserted in our previous messages on this subject. :-)
>
> More seriously: We're not saying "This is hard, so we should
> be afraid of it". We're saying, "This is so hard that it's
> not worth doing."

I can second this. Once upon a time I was working on Lynx development
and even then HTML was a *big* mess. "Big" browsers were even not
handling HTTP correctly and nobody ever handled HTML as it should have
been handled (except for Lynx and Grail, of course :-)

Exporting HTML might not be too hard (although it's not easy), but
reading it is a nightmare.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.