HEADS UP: FreeBSD Port (editors/AbiWord)

Will Andrews (andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:44:42 -0500

To everyone here that uses AbiWord on a FreeBSD machine,

I've recently submitted a much-needed update (from
v0.5.5 -> v0.7.6) to the AbiWord port, which was subsequently
committed to the FreeBSD source tree by cpiazza@FreeBSD.ORG.

However, I would like to have a few guinea pigs test out the
port, as I'm not entirely sure it's properly implemented. I
was told (by cpiazza) that on a 4.0-CURRENT machine, AbiWord
coredumped upon a call for a redraw function of some sort.

(Chris, could you post these error messages for the AbiSource
people? Just send the message to the mlist, it should work w/o
you being subscribed. If not, I'll forward it. :-)

Those willing to help with this, cvsup your ports tree and
try building, installing, & running the editors/AbiWord port.

There is one glaring inconsistency with the update - where is
the american.hash file stored in the 0.7.6 tarball? I found
it on my Windows installation, but it didn't seem to be in
the tarball.

Feel free to send me feedback.

Thanks.

--