Re: Different language supports

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:33:39 -0600

At 02:40 PM 11/3/99 +0100, Andreas Wahlin wrote:
>I have just recently installed Linux, and am doing my best to avoind
>windows as much as possible. So I set out to find a good word processor,
>I stumbled upon two: Star Office and AbiWord.
>AbiWord was completely superior in my opinion, having what I wanted and
>taking much less space, the only thing I'm missing is support for
>different languages in the spelling correction.
>I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but I would really like to have
>Swedish language support for the spelling, does it exist? Is it under
>construction?

Your AbiWord distribution contains a file called american.hash. This is a
dictionary of English words. By replacing this dictionary with one from
your language of choice, spell check will then mark only those words
misspelled for the language you choose. A comprehensive list of available
dictionaries is at
http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist