"abiword /usr/dict/words" hangs

Kevin Vajk (kvajk@ricochet.net)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:32:17 -0800 (PST)

When I try to run "abiword /usr/dict/words" on Redhat 6.1, it hangs.
Granted, this is a big file. But I've been using abiword to work on
files that are also pretty big (~30000 words) and it works fine,
although these are .abw files, whereas /usr/dict/words is plain text.
Also, my files have many words, but not so many lines, whereas each
word in /usr/dict/words is on its own line.

Of course, this begs the question: why on Earth would I want to
open /usr/dict/words in a word processor? Hey, I don't know...
it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'll put this into bugzilla when it's back online; I'm just spamming
everybody on the list with this in the meantime. Again, it seemed
like a good idea at the time. :)

By the way, many many thanks for abiword. I use it often and like
it a lot. My main usability issue is that the font keeps switching
back to 10 when I want it to stay at 12; hardly a show-stopper.
Thanks!

- Kevin Vajk
<kvajk@ricochet.net>