RE: RTF import crashes

Daniel Berlin (db003g@mail.rochester.edu)
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 23:42:57 -0500

This reminds me.
As a former MS employee, i still have quite a few friends over there.
If there are people who need information on the file formats or whatever,
and are getting stone-walled, let me know.

On a small side-ramble, their is an incorrect myth that MS has good internal
communication (I.E. teams communicate to share objects and whatnot), what
really happens is this:

1. You are told to reuse anything you can from any other project. You do so.
2. You run into a problem, you mail the person responsible on the IE team.
3. 8 months later, he responds saying he accidently lost your email, could
you send it again.

Code sharing occurs because of #1. Most teams don't even have the foggiest
clue that other projects are using dlls/components from their project.

But enough on that ramble.
Among other things i have, besides quite a few friends over there in the
Idea Theft department, is an MSDN Universal subscription.
So i get binders full of every product MS makes, in every language.
It's like 268 CD's right now a quarter.

And the Farsi language version of Win98 was taken already, sorry.
--Dan