RE: RTF import crashes

Ove Kaaven (ovek@arcticnet.no)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:30:50 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> This reminds me.
> As a former MS employee, i still have quite a few friends over there.
> If there are people who need information on the file formats or whatever,
> and are getting stone-walled, let me know.

Hey, that's interesting. Could you perchance help out with the Wine
project as well? Sometimes we need unavailable documentation... one
example right now is the .lnk file format, I think (and personally I'd
like the format for NLS files, particularly on NT4 since I've already
reverse engineered the W95 versions).

> On a small side-ramble, their is an incorrect myth that MS has good internal
> communication (I.E. teams communicate to share objects and whatnot), what
> really happens is this:
>
> 1. You are told to reuse anything you can from any other project. You do so.
> 2. You run into a problem, you mail the person responsible on the IE team.
> 3. 8 months later, he responds saying he accidently lost your email, could
> you send it again.
>
> Code sharing occurs because of #1. Most teams don't even have the foggiest
> clue that other projects are using dlls/components from their project.

Heh. Could I quote you on that (for the Wine Weekly News)?