Re: bug 620

Stephen Hack (shack@uiuc.edu)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 00:14:39 -0600

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Attached is an email regarding this problem. I'm not sure if it was checked
in or not.

-shack

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 10:49:19PM -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
> i have been playing with the style commands on the latest cvs build and
> the problem i reported as bug 620 seems to have dissapeared. This
> should be marked as qa to verify fixed. I would do it but im not sure
> if that would be right and propper of me. also i dont know if i can
> even do that in bugzilla

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:48:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Richard Jefts <babs@cs.jhu.edu>
To: Abiword Development <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Subject: Re: commit -- turned on FASTSQUIGGLE logic
Sender: owner-abiword-dev@sourcegear.com

Adding right after it gets the pBlockText

if (pBlockText == NULL) {
return;
}

should take care of the problem. That's what I did for the crashing when
changing font style on an empty doc (same prob, different function). In
this case, it might hide a deeper problem. i'm not that familiar with the
block internals. Shouldn't the block contain the space?

richie

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Stephen Hack wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I was get the following Asserts when I would
> type space followed by an <Enter>
> or left a trailing space at the end of a paragraph
>
> -shack
>
> **** (3) Assert ****
> **** (3) !UT_isWordDelimiter( pBlockText[wordBeginning + wordLength] ) at
> fl_BlockLayout.cpp:1551 ****
> **** (3) Continue ? (y/n) [y] : y
> DEBUG: Edit:InsertFmtMark [blockOffset 0]
>

> **** (4) Assert ****
> **** (4) eor <= pgb.getLength() at fl_BlockLayout.cpp:1547 ****
> **** (4) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :

<cut>