Re: RTF import crashes

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:28:29 -0600

At 04:00 AM 11/8/99 +0000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>Importing the attached RTF file crashes AbiWord 0.7.6 on Linux. The MSWord
>95 version imports fine but only when word format is direclty specified in
>the open dialog.

You are such a troublemaker.

I spent some time with this document, and it looks like there are about
three separate bugs here, but I cannot be sure yet.

1. It looks like if the documnet is in a font that AbiWord doesn't have
listed, enter crash from bug #(to be entered after I look into this a bit
more).

2. If you change the font to something AbiWord does support, you bail on
the text-indent RTF problem, which is bug #590.

3. If you then remove the text indents, you get an assert in
ie_imp_RTF.cpp that I have never seen before:
else
{
UT_ASSERT(pState != NULL); // state stack should not be empty
return UT_FALSE;
}
Again, I am not sure if this is yet a third bug, or a residual of #590.

It's about at this stage where I decide that to go any further requires
somebody with more extensive coding knowledge.

It's actually funny that you sent this now. This has some relation to
Friday's POW, which will be out sometime very soon.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist