set defaults

Stephen Hack (shack@uiuc.edu)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:52:24 -0600

if ap_Dialog_Options.cpp
// TODO i'm not sure you want to do the following at this
// TODO time. setting to "defaults" should probably just
// TODO set us to "_builtin_" and that's it. if the user
// TODO then changes something, we should create a new
// TODO scheme and fill in the new value. --jeff

_setNotebookPageNum( currentPage );
pPrefs->setCurrentScheme(old_name);

I set the scheme name back to the orig because if the user hits cancel, it
should restore the original values.

What the AP_Dialog_Options::_event_SetDefaults function does is change the
values displayed in the options dialog box to the default ones. This allows
the user to see what the default values are, then hit cancel if he desires.
In this function, I don't go actually delete the user's scheme, but leaves it
there for the OK button to clean up.

Currently, as I wrote it, if you
hit 'default' then 'ok', all of the default values are restored
hit 'default' then 'cancel', nothing is changed

In event_SetDefaults, I do save one of the prefs value, the notebook page
number. This is so when the user hit's 'default', he will stay on the same
tab page. When the user hits ok, it will go ahead and remember the last tab
the user was on.

-shack

P.S., I'm also working on debugging your '98 blues. I let you know if I have
any progress.