RE: RTF import crashes

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:56:22 -0600

At 04:32 PM 11/8/99 -0000, Peter Arnold wrote:
>> 3. If you then remove the text indents, you get an assert in
>> ie_imp_RTF.cpp that I have never seen before:
>> else
>> {
>> UT_ASSERT(pState != NULL); // state stack should not be
>empty
>> return UT_FALSE;
>> }
>> Again, I am not sure if this is yet a third bug, or a
>> residual of #590.
>
>This tells me that there's fewer close braces than open
>ones, indicating the RTF file itself is rather broken.
>Do you know what created it?

That would appear to be the correct analysis from the code snippet,
unfortunately the file itself doesn't agree. There are 60 open braces, and
60 close braces. Of course, I might have done something wrong, so I will
attach the modified file on a separate personal email to you. You can also
take a look at the document from Aaron which should eventually give the
same result when the first two bugs are out of the way.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist