Re: option

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:40:56 -0800

At 06:21 PM 11/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I just had an idea for another option in abiword. It is currently a
>command line option but i think it should be implemented in the
>Edit:Options. The no splash option. I don't mind the splash screen
>but some times i would rather have the app just start up instead of
>displaying a splash first.

Ick. Do any of our supported OSes *not* have a way to automatically launch
apps with command-line arguments? This sounds like something you put once
into a shortcut or a wrapper script or something and then forget about it.

Please let's not reinvent the wheel here just to stick this into our options
mechanism as well.

I might not mind *too* much if somebody snuck it into the profile, but the
thought of seeing that in a dialog in the GUI makes my skin crawl.

Paul
motto -- GUI clutter is my enemy