Re: Making rpm's

Subject: Re: Making rpm's
From: Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:41:24 CST

> 1. Try "make distribution" and see how far that gets you. I believe RPM is
> one of the targets it will try to build. For more details, see:
>
> abi/src/pkg/linux/Makefile
> abi/src/pkg/linux/*
> abi/src/config/*
>
> 2. Remind the good folks at LinuxPPC to get us a build machine so we can
> build official releases, and then you won't have to. :-)
>
> Paul

Ok.. i think i found my problem.. you check for rpm in /usr/bin/rpm but it is
in /bin/rpm on the linuxppc system. I will change the make file for this,
keeping yours i.e.
RPM_LOC = $(shell [ -x /usr/bin/rpm ] && echo 1)
i will change to:
RPM_LOC = $(shell [ -x /usr/bin/rpm ] || shell [-x /bin/rpm ] && echo 1)

Should that work? If it does do you want the edited make file?

--

---- Logan Hall