Re: Making rpm's

Subject: Re: Making rpm's
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 12:36:32 CST

At 03:59 PM 11/24/99 -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
>How would i make an rpm of AbiWord for someone? I have linux PPC and
>they would like the latest Abi but they dont have the development
>packages installed on their linuxPPC box. Thanks.

Here are two suggestions.

1. Try "make distribution" and see how far that gets you. I believe RPM is
one of the targets it will try to build. For more details, see:

  abi/src/pkg/linux/Makefile
  abi/src/pkg/linux/*
  abi/src/config/*

2. Remind the good folks at LinuxPPC to get us a build machine so we can
build official releases, and then you won't have to. :-)

Paul