Re: MS Word 5.1 Error

Subject: Re: MS Word 5.1 Error
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 12:27:48 CST

At 09:24 AM 11/24/99 -0000, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>I did receive the word5 specs recently, but its a very low
>priority to add word5 support to the word importer module. Despite
>the fact that word5 is very close to word6 without the ole2 streams
>it is sufficiently different to cause problems. Though the is
>library is set up to handle them in the future by pretending that
>all "ole2 streams" point to the single unoled file that is the word5
>file. It will work in the future, but not the very near future.

A reminder to the folks who posted the original question ... what Caolan is
saying is that *he* isn't likely to implement Word5 support anytime soon.

If someone *else* is interested in tackling that work before he gets to it,
please let us know. The necessary sources are there for you to work with,
and we're very unlikely to reject a well-done patch.

Paul
motto -- many hands make light work