Re: Posting the rpm

Subject: Re: Posting the rpm
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 19:40:21 CST

Logan Hall wrote:
> I would like to post the rpm to ftp.linuxppc.org/incoming, but im not
> sure what the rules you guys have for that are. Is it alright with you
> guys? Also i have the version number set at 19991129. Should i build
> again with another version number? Also who should i mail at linuxppc
> about getting the build host for you guys? I am on the developer mailing
> list but Im not sure if that is the appropriate place for this kind of
> request.

As far as I know, no one here objects to new packages for the architectures
we can't support ourselves. There have been RPMs of AbiWord (older versions,
like 0.7.5) on ftp.linuxppc.org before. As for the version numbers,
it would probably be least confusing to keep the same version ("0.7.6")
and add a new build number (our RPMs are usually "1").

We've contacted a few people at LinuxPPC (the .com side of the effort)
and the made it clear that they had a build host for us to use (formerly
crack.linuxppc.org), and we exchanged contact information and addresses,
but no box ever came of it. You might try contacting Jason Haas
(jhaas@linuxppc.com). We'd love to provide ready-built LinuxPPC packages.

--
Shaw Terwilliger