Re: Posting the rpm

Subject: Re: Posting the rpm
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 19:58:12 CST

At 07:40 PM 11/30/99 -0600, sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
>Logan Hall wrote:
>> I would like to post the rpm to ftp.linuxppc.org/incoming, but im not
>> sure what the rules you guys have for that are. Is it alright with you
>> guys? Also i have the version number set at 19991129. Should i build
>> again with another version number?
>
>As far as I know, no one here objects to new packages for the architectures
>we can't support ourselves.

Nope. Not at all. We'd love to support everyone, but until we can, we're
more than happy to have people get versions of our software any way they
can.

>There have been RPMs of AbiWord (older versions,
>like 0.7.5) on ftp.linuxppc.org before. As for the version numbers,
>it would probably be least confusing to keep the same version ("0.7.6")
>and add a new build number (our RPMs are usually "1").

Just to be clear. This RPM should only be labelled 0.7.6 if it was made off
a clean copy of the 0.7.6 sources. If it was made from a current CVS view
of the tree, then using the date as a version number would be a much better
idea.

Paul