Re: [patch] compressed abw files

Subject: Re: [patch] compressed abw files
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 20:04:55 CST

Richard Jefts wrote:
> I've added a new file type, *.zabw, gzipped compressed abiword files.
> The attached file contains a patch and 4 files to go in src/wp/impexp/xp.
>
> ie_imp_GZipAbiWord.h
> ie_imp_GZipAbiWord.cpp
> ie_exp_GZipAbiWord.h
> ie_exp_GZipAbiWord.cpp

This sounds like a very cool patch, but I wonder about the need to create
a new extension. It seems more logical (to me) to name the files like
".abw.gz", similarly to how Gimp names its native files (".xcf" if normal,
".xcf.gz" if compressed). I haven't visited the file open/close dialogs
and related guts recently, but I think our suffix handling would break on
my example case (usually we just start on the end of the string and walk
back until we see a '.').

--
Shaw Terwilliger