I got a compiler error with the current CVS source.

Moses DeJong (dejong@cs.umn.edu)
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:28:02 -0500 (CDT)

I just tried to compile with the new CVS on my Linux (RedHat 5.2)
system. I have been able to compile in the past, so I think this is
a bug. Here is the error I got.

make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/project/abi/src/config/require/unix'
Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:On].
TODO do we need to test for GCC or EGCS and a version number?
Found zlib in system directories
Found libpng in system directories
Found libwv in peer directory
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/project/wv'
Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:On].
lex.yy.c:
lex.yy.c:1183: warning: `yyunput' defined but not used
main.c:
main.c:79: parse error before `reaper'
main.c:79: ANSI C forbids data definition with no type or storage class
main.c:80: parse error before `timeingout'
main.c:80: ANSI C forbids data definition with no type or storage class
make[4]: ***
[/usr/local/project/abi/src/../src/Linux_2.2.9_i386_DBG/obj/wv/main
.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/project/wv'
make[3]: *** [_LIBWV_] Error 2

Here is the source that would not compile (from wv/main.c)

extern RETSIGTYPE reaper(int);
extern RETSIGTYPE timeingout(int );

So the problem seems to be that RETSIGTYPE is not
defined when compiling abi.

I checked the wv/configure.in script and there are
some checks for RETSIGTYPE inside signal.h.

Any ideas what is going wrong here? I checked the
output of wv's configure script but it did not
have anything related to signal checks.

I hope that helps
Mo DeJong