Re: GNOME version

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:00:35 -0500

CUENCA ABELA Joaquin wrote:
> I have a version of Abiword GNOME-compliant. Currently it has the
> toolbars, the menus, the dialogs and DnD support (ok, only drop
> support... It's cool drag a Word document from gmc to abiword and open
> it automagically).
>
> If you are interested in my patch, email me and I'll send you a copy.
>
> Look at <http://www.ie2.u-psud.fr/~cuenca> for a few screenshots.

This looks very nice! I'm interested in how you handled the source
layout issues. Did you just replace some code in the unix/ branches
to have calls to GNOME functions (and add the proper flags to the
Makefiles), or did you add a new gnome/ branch (perhaps inside
the unix/ branch) that inherited from the existing GTK code?

--
Shaw Terwilliger