Re: Compile Error

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:46:32 -0500

Darren O. Benham wrote:
> I'm getting the following compile errors with pristine 0.7.5 source...

As Justin said, you can get the most recent wv sources from our
CVS server (module 'wv'). AbiWord's development tree tracks wv's
very closely, and I'm not sure of Caolan's wv release schedule.
It's possible that AbiWord 0.7.5 won't compile with any released
version of wv. We do provide a snapshot (of the wv module) as of
the day we release AbiWord; it's in our source archives.

This could be a problem for package maintainers. :) One solution
would be for the AbiWord developers to use a "blessed" version
of libwv, one that will always have been released. This makes it
much less convenient to us that do "cvs co abi wv expat ..." to
build a development sandbox.

--
Shaw Terwilliger