commit -- spell context menu

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:59:32 -0700

Added context menu for misspelled words.
Made sure context menus operate at click, not at last IP.
Changed dynamic menu label functions to use Frame rather than App.
Added EV_MIS_Bold flag. Win32 menus can now be made bold.

M abi/src/af/ev/beos/ev_BeOSMenu.cpp
M abi/src/af/ev/mac/ev_MacMenu.cpp
M abi/src/af/ev/unix/ev_UnixMenu.cpp
M abi/src/af/ev/win/ev_Win32Menu.cpp
M abi/src/af/ev/win/ev_Win32Menu.h
M abi/src/af/ev/xp/ev_Menu_Actions.cpp
M abi/src/af/ev/xp/ev_Menu_Actions.h
M abi/src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32Frame.cpp
M abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
M abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h
M abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp
M abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_Default.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_Emacs.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_viEdit.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_viInput.cpp
A abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_ML_ContextSquiggle.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_ActionSet.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Functions.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Functions.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Id.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_EnUS.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Layouts_All.h

Now you can right-mouse on those squiggles and make 'em disappear! :-)

Along the way, I also tweaked some subtleties about what the context menu
refers to. (With the old logic, clicking or selecting in one spot and
right-clicking somewhere else led to some *decidedly* odd effects.)

Other notes:

1. The "Add" context menu doesn't work yet, because we don't have support
for custom dictionaries. Hooking it up here should be just as easy as
hooking up the corresponding "Add" button in the spell dialog.

2. I wrote the status bar messages in a hurry. Before they start getting
translated, does anyone have any better suggestions for how to succinctly
explain these features?

3. The suggested words on the context menu are bold on Win32. If you want
similar behavior on the other platforms, update your ev_<platform>Menu.cpp
to honor the EV_MIS_Bold flag.

4. The spelling dialog still always checks the entire document from the
beginning. Being able to trigger it from a context menu suggests that it
should probably instead either:

- check the current selection (if there is one), or
- check the entire document, starting at the current position.

For examples of how to implement the latter case, see the find/replace
dialog.

5. Rebuild everything. No surprises there.

Enjoy!

Paul