RE: MS Word Format

Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:52:30 +0100 (IST)

On 14-Oct-99 Darksheer wrote:
>First off, great product. I really like using this thing on my
>linux box. The only downfall I see is the inability of the
>program to save files in the MS Word format (even if its an
>old on such as word 6.0 or word '97. The reason behind this
>is that even though Word isn't the best word processor, its the
>most used. I want to know that anyone I send my word processing
>files to can view them correctly on their machine.

For sure if you save them as rtf everyone is happy, and most
word processors (definitely word) can read that. The wv library
for word importation does not have a save facility as yet, and I
have no plans to support save until I have read completed. Though I
would like to see save as word support.

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Children -speaking -singing