Re: commit -- better utf8/unicode support

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:31:24 -0500

Jeff Hostetler wrote:
> [2] on unix, i don't think we have any unicode fonts,
> so some weird (wrong) things get drawn when a non-Latin-1
> character is entered -- it's correct in the document, but
> just drawn wrong. this may be a font issue or it may be
> in the code which accesses the .pfa/.pfb files.

Many months ago I received links to a set of UCS fonts (including
Cyrillic, which I was discussing at the time). Unfortunately,
these fonts are all bitmap-format fonts (PCF,BDF). You can
find them (if you have a use for them) at:

http://www.abisource.com/~sterwill/ucs-fonts.tar.gz and
http://www.abisource.com/~sterwill/ucs-fonts-75dpi100dpi.tar.gz

ucs-fonts.tar.gz is expands into a single directory, like one
would arrange them for an X font path entry ("xset fp+ newdir").
sterwill/ucs-fonts-75dpi100dpi.tar.gz is laid out like it
would fit into the xc (X core) tree when building X.

--
Shaw Terwilliger