Re: commit -- better utf8/unicode support

Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:57:30 -0400

At 12:57 PM -0500 10/17/99, Jeff Hostetler wrote:
>over the past few days i've checked in a bunch-o-code
>that improves upon our unicode support/commitment. in
>particular:

Sounds great Jeff!!!

>[1] on win95/98, these pseudo-OS's do not support
> unicode. so, we need to deal with various CodePage
> issues.

Depending on what you are doing, you can get some limited
Unicode support from the OS. There are definitely points at which
you have to swap to code page encodings, but it's at very well
defined points.

Leonard

You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol Internet: leonardr@lazerware.com
America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65