commit -- Win32 Paragraph dialog works

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:39:15 -0700

Various XP and Win32 tweaks to finish off the Paragraph dialog.

M src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Paragraph.cpp
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Paragraph.h
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Res_DlgParagraph.rc2
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Paragraph.cpp
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Paragraph.h

I'm pretty satisfied with the XP vs. platform factoring of the following
control-specific behaviors:

- spinners can have lower limits and m_dim/control-specific increments
- interlinked controls (the two *SPECIAL* pairs) work well too

See the comments in the code for more details on how these APIs work. To my
knowledge there's no remaining Win32 work for this dialog.

At 04:23 AM 10/15/99 -0700, I wrote:
>The following still need to be implemented:
>
> - share preview across both tabs (Win32)
> - hook up spin controls (Win32)
> - handle inter-related controls (both, mostly platform)

Fixed.

> - draw the preview (XP)
> - more property parsing (XP)
> - edit dimensioned inputs to make sure they're valid (mostly XP)

There's a little more work to do here (preview drawing, sign issues with
hanging indents, etc.), but that'll all get taken care of in XP code, so
I'll get out of Shaw's way now. :-)

Enjoy!

Paul

PS: The formatter now supports dimensioned values of the "line-height"
property as follows:

- fixed multiple of line height (ex: 1.5)
- "exactly" some dimensioned unit (ex: 0.5in)
- "at least" some dimensioned unit (ex: 16pt+)

These all work pretty well, except the "exactly" screw case, which can wind
up overwriting the line below instead of the one above. I've left this bug
as an exercise for the formatter gurus on this list. :-)