Something is funky with tabs

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:00:30 -0500

Oh, to be the QA guy and the bearer of bad news.

Normally, I just log these rather than bother the whole list, but this one
is ugly and has snuck in since 0.7.5, so I mention it so that someone might
recognize it as theirs.

If you use tabs, your right margin changes. To see this behavior, open a
document with a paragraph. Now enter a new paragraph, and put two or three
tabs in the first line, and keep typing. The text will wrap long before
the right margin should have been reached. If you open a document which
already has tabs in it, you can get some bizarre effects. This essentially
makes tabs unusable in their current state.

I bring this up so that if someone has made changes in this area, and
thinks this might be theirs, claim it now.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist