Prefs/PrefScheme problem

Stephen Hack (shack@uiuc.edu)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:49:01 -0500

To implement the PrefListener code, I need to catch all the setValues. The
problem is that the code is in the PrefsScheme, and there is no tie back to
the Prefs. Since the Prefs keep trace of all the callback stuff, I need
access to it.

There are two ways that I've come up with.
1) Make the PrefScheme::setValue protected and give access to it to Prefs
<ugly!>

or 2) Have each PrefScheme keep around a pointer to it's Pref.

If there is anyway that I could get a hold of an App instead, that would do
just fine.

Thanks
-shack