Re: Getting started with working on AbiWord

Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:01:54 -0600

Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 11:57 PM 10/20/99 -0600, Logan Hall wrote:
> >The only problem i have discovered in that regard is that the dictionary
> >file is not installed automaticaly (you have to cp it to the right dir
> >and then unzip it). I will look into why this is when i have some free
> >time..posibly tomarrow.
> >
> >Thanks for any help. I hope I can be of service in some way.
>
> This one sounds like it's worth tracking down. Do a little digging through
> the makefiles to compare what happens for the following three makefile
> targets:
>
> make canonical (unpacks the dictionary)
> make distribution (uses make canonical)
> make install (??)
>
> If you can read makefiles and use grep, this shouldn't be too hard to nail.
>
> Paul

I found the problem....the Makefile uses unzip -o and there is no command
unzip on LinuxPPC I have gunzip but it doesn't have an option '-o'. I got
them to unzip manualy but using 'zcat *.zip > american.hash' after i had
copied it over to the right directory. how should i change the make file to
fix this? gunzip doesn't like the .zip ending either. I will work on it more
here pretty soon...right now it is time to write up a report for intro to
engineering.