Getting started with working on AbiWord

Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:57:10 -0600

Hi-
I am a freshman CSE student at ASU and I have been using abi word for a
while. I would like to help in anyway i can. The major problem,
though, is that i dont know C++. I know PASCAL and Java (what ASU
teaches now for most of its CS courses). Can anyone point me in the
right direction on this. I don't have a lot of free time but in what i
do have i would love to work/help on makeing AbiWord even better. Also
I would like to thank everyone who has worked on it so far as it is a
very good piece of software and it is becoming better just about every
time i do a cvs of the tree. If it matters i am running LinuxPPC R5 on
a PowerMac G3 333 beige tower. Abi builds and runs fine on the ppc.
The only problem i have discovered in that regard is that the dictionary
file is not installed automaticaly (you have to cp it to the right dir
and then unzip it). I will look into why this is when i have some free
time..posibly tomarrow.

Thanks for any help. I hope I can be of service in some way.

------
Logan